We are a family of 13 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible.
We are in the business of connecting bright minds and entrepreneurial spirits to harness the greater potential of teamwork and collaboration in an effort to simplify complex project execution. Addicted to innovation, we thrive on continuously learning, improving and growing to produce high-quality, cost-effective results for our clients and our people.
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day; rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Accounts Payable & Collections Coordinator reporting to the Assistant Controller in the Corporate Finance Office. In this position you will be expected to prepare weekly payment runs for our Business Units and play a key role in supervising the A/P function, supporting A/P staff, and implementing process improvements in the Accounts Payable & Payment Processing Functions.
Supervision of A/P function, which includes:
- Maintain and distribute the payment run schedule
- Process periodic payment runs which include cheques, online bill payments, EFT payments and wire transfers
- Process Payroll A/P invoices and payments as requested by the Payroll department
- Coordinate with A/P Associates on the unapproved invoices at month-end and the new vendor set up process as required
- Provide support and guidance to A/P team and keep them abreast of changes implemented at the management level
- Negotiate vendor payment terms and account set up inquiries when required
- Reconcile and/or investigate complex A/P accounts
- Implement A/P process and system improvement initiatives and train staff as required
Collection of A/R past due accounts for three to five Business Units
- Review A/R reports on a weekly basis and work with BU Managers, Project Managers, and A/R associates to collect payments on past-due invoices
- Make collection calls, send demand letters, emails, etc. in a friendly and professional manner, and update notes in the ERP
- Consolidate A/R reports, and provide high-level collection narratives to Corporate Controller in weekly meetings, highlighting the high-risk accounts
- Process credit card payments
- Minimum 5 years of Accounts Payable experience required
- Minimum 3 years of construction industry or project-based experience required
- High proficiency in MS office applications, particularly MS Excel
- A/R and Collection experience will be considered an asset
- Customer-service oriented with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Results oriented team player who commits to “getting the job done”
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently along with good analytical and problem-solving skills
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Accounts Payable & Collections Coordinator” in the subject line.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.