Equipment & Materials
Everyone Goes Home Safe
We put safety first. There are no compromises. No task is worth a person’s health.
- We ensure our yard and field workers are adequately supplied with the personal protective equipment they need to do their work safely.
- Our teams feel safe asking for help or support when they need it, whether for a specific task or to better understand safe work procedures generally.
- We don’t hesitate to refuse unsafe work – nothing is worth putting someone in a compromised situation.
Teammates Get Treated Like Family
Be better together. A true team is a group of people who trust each other, just like a family.
- We help, back-up and support each other both in and outside the workplace.
- We try to make everyone feel they are in a safe environment and encourage them to speak freely – even to ‘vent’ when the situation calls for it.
- We utilize our in-house resources for support and services before looking outside for help.
Variety Makes Us Strong
We embrace a broad range of skills, specializations and perspectives. It’s what makes us strong.
- We offer a variety of services (such as trucking, deliveries and material supply) to a large group of internal customers in the NorLand group.
- We acquire a variety of skill sets from working with different NorLand business units – we then share these with other business units, helping us all find better ways to find solutions at work.
- We learn our teammates roles and tasks so that if they are on holidays or are away for unforeseen reasons, we can cover for them.
Passion Leads to Pride
We’re passionate about helping to create great things and are proud when we see them realized.
- We keep that passion for our work alive by saying ‘great job’ to ourselves and to our teammates when we solve a problem or find a new solution.
- We are proud when we see the excitement of our field workers when we deliver them time sensitive materials or equipment.
- Our work can be stressful, but when we work hard and have everything fall in place at the end of the day, we reflect with pride on our efforts.
Every Person Deserves to Grow
We’re happiest when we’re growing. Grow as people, as teams and as an organization, together.
- We appreciate the opportunities we are given to participate in courses sponsored by the company (example: Crestcom Leadership Program).
- We look ahead and get excited about the future growth potential of NorLand and its businesses.
- We cross share information and knowledge for the betterment of our teams.
Effort Gets Recognized
Leaders aren’t necessarily the ones with a title. Take time to hold the deserving people high.
- We say ‘great’ job when we see people put in effort and recognize that saying so goes a long way.
- We share little acts of thanks during our daily interactions with teammates and customers.
- We share in project successes, together.
Innovation Is What Sustains Us
We’re never finished innovating. Change, adapt, grow, and find a little better way each day.
- We innovate by being open to improving ourselves and our work practices (example: implementation of Equipdata and modernization of our yard security system).
- We roll out change initiatives using the best information streams to secure buy-in and enhance understanding.
- We research better methods and new products to improve our service to the rest of the NorLand businesses – we do this by asking knowledgeable staff, outside contacts and searching online.