Business & Development
Everyone Goes Home Safe
We put safety first. There are no compromises. No task is worth a person’s health.
- We take the time to point out and remove hazards when we see them around the office.
- We ensure our teammates all have proper desk chairs with sufficient support – it’s a small thing, but if overlooked can lead to long-term chronic health issues.
- We try to act as liaisons where we can to help pass concerns of safety on to where they might be best heard and acted upon.
Teammates Get Treated Like Family
Be better together. A true team is a group of people who trust each other, just like a family.
- We always try to find a moment to check in with each other – it’s the little things, like asking how the weekend went and listening attentively, that shows you genuinely care about your teammates.
- We celebrate each other’s life’s achievements, whether it’s a birthday, a newborn baby, a leadership course or a triathlon.
- We keep our team dialogue going, no matter how busy things get, so we always know where everyone’s at.
Variety Makes Us Strong
We embrace a broad range of skills, specializations and perspectives. It’s what makes us strong.
- Our roles are truly based around the variety of things that we do – we work with all the business units and the parent company, participating in a variety different tasks daily.
- We all bring something different to the table and see the world through a slightly different lense; we aren’t necessarily all cut from the same cloth.
- Our combination of experiences and relationships fuels us with a breadth of knowledge that truly does make us strong.
Passion Leads to Pride
We’re passionate about helping to create great things and are proud when we see them realized.
- We have a passion for converting prospective client leads into real opportunities – when those opportunities turn into real jobs, we’re proud of our involvement in realizing the end result.
- We are proud of our recent rebrand exercise – we took the time needed to engage all the different parties and feel confident in saying nobody would go back to the way we were before.
- We were blown away by the passion we encountered with everyone that we worked with in our Shared Purpose discovery process – everyone’s passion was intoxicating and it helped us all pull together a finished product we’re proud of.
Every Person Deserves to Grow
We’re happiest when we’re growing. Grow as people, as teams and as an organization, together.
- We get given a tremendous amount of support from our leadership to develop and pursue our team’s initiatives fully – that responsibility gives us the ability to grow as people.
- We encourage each other to participate in development courses, conferences and to constantly seek out new ideas.
- We work with lots of different parties in the organization, exposing us to a great deal of new ideas which we eagerly sponge up and share with each other.
Effort Gets Recognized
Leaders aren’t necessarily the ones with a title. Take time to hold the deserving people high.
- We recognize other’s contributions and the value our teammates bring to the table – it’s about listening, so that everyone has a voice and there’s no doubt about it.
- We always give credit to those who generated an idea, never take credit for someone else’s work.
- We work hard in our group, but we take the time to acknowledge it and appreciate one another.
Innovation Is What Sustains Us
We’re never finished innovating. Change, adapt, grow, and find a little better way each day.
- We are interested in continuously improving upon our work – our websites, for example, are constantly evolving as we seek to incorporate new ideas and techniques to keep them relevant.
- We challenge ourselves to question the way “things get done” and long-held assumptions when we’re made aware there could be a better way – this approach has opened us to new ways of conducting meetings, collaborating, utilizing data and making more informed decisions.
- We helped modernize the weekly Estimator Meetings (now called Joint BD Meetings) by switching from paper to digital sheets and providing remote access to out of town participants. Bringing up market fundamentals in the B.D. meetings like commodity and currency prices and maybe sharing some market research once a month.