Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
NorLand Limited is a diverse group of companies that service every aspect of the construction industry. We believe that anything is possible, and we've been making it happen since 1954. Our companies are passionate about the construction industry. They live to provide safe, high-quality and cost effective solutions to complex and difficult construction challenges.
NorLand Limited has been around in one shape or another since it started as Pacific Blasting Company Ltd. in 1954. Since that time the company has grown and evolved significantly. As the organization grew, it became known as the Pacific Group of Companies before being rebranded as NorLand Limited in August 2015. Despite the recent switch in name and branding, NorLand Limited continues to offer the same high-quality work with a focus on safety that earned The Pacific Group its reputation. In 2016, NorLand Limited was ranked as one of Canada’s top 40 leading construction firms by On-Site, Canada’s Construction Magazine.
We are looking for a bright, resourceful individual who energetically approaches work and is looking to expand their career in a dynamic, high-growth organisation. This individual will be providing Accounts Payable administrative support to our Pacific Blasting and Demolition divisions.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this hands-on position is suited for a multi-disciplined individual looking for a challenging, fast-paced environment.
The job description for this position includes the following:
- Process accounts payable invoices, including matching to POs and packing slips, routing for and obtaining approvals and posting to the general ledger
- Process subcontractor and holdback invoices
- Reconcile holdback billings from vendors to company records and ensure all required documents are in place prior to releasing holdback payments
- Reconcile inter-company AP accounts to AR accounts from other divisions of the company at month-end
- Review vendor statements and reconcile to AP accounts
- Investigate issues with invoices and problematic vendor accounts
- Provide assistance with job-costing to project managers as required
- Work closely with division managers, project managers and procurement managers to ensure cost activity is accurately posted to A/P and Job Cost
- Review purchase orders and commitments at month-end and post accruals as needed
- Post job cost re-allocation entries between jobs/phases as requested by project managers
- A/P document filing and management
- Provide support to process trucking tickets from Hired Truck Vendors
- Provide reception support as needed, including opening and sorting mail, answering phone calls, etc.
The ideal candidate must be a team player with excellent communication and computer skills and will have experience with an ERP system as well as construction industry experience. Other qualifications include:
- Ability to acquire knowledge quickly
- Strong ability to work effectively with others in a cross functional and distributed team environment
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted. NorLand is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a personality and aptitude test and security screening, including a criminal records check.
To Apply: email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.