Pacific Blasting & Demolition’s Demolition Division in BC is now taking applications for individuals seeking a position in the apprenticeship program towards Commercial Demolition Journeyman.
A thorough training & education program steers workers from little to no experience in the trade, to a skilled and competent tradesman, receiving some of the top labour wages in the union environment.
Our tiered training program provides union sanctioned training curriculum undertaken in the field & in the classroom and is measured against competitive and consistent wage compensation.
Project varieties include:
- Interior architectural demolition
- Selective architectural/structural demolition
- Heritage retention & preservation
- Heavy/full structural
- Concrete cutting, coring & scanning
- Variations of commercial, industrial & infrastructure projects
- Remote & out of town work
- Shift work & shutdowns
- Day, evening, night & weekend work (project schedule dependent)
Skills & abilities had or acquired include:
- Materials handling
- Understanding hazardous materials
- Removal of interior finishes
- Assessing workspaces for existing & evolving hazards
- Mitigating evolving hazards
- Manual Pneumatic & hydraulic concrete hammering
- Oxy/Propane & plasma steel/metal cutting
- Rigging & hoisting
- Mobile equipment use & maintenance
- Working with & around heavy equipment
- Working at heights
- Working at or near water
The above listed project types, skills & abilities only touch on the many opportunities you’ll experience while working with our team.
**Please note: some applicants may be subject to “Fitness-to-Work” testing prior to determining eligibility.**