NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single project. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
Copcan Civil, part of NorLand Limited, is an award-winning civil construction company, operating from offices in Nanaimo, Victoria, Kelowna and Rossland. The company has been in business since 1970 and has successfully completed projects throughout Vancouver Island and the BC Interior, including highways, bridge construction, underground utilities, demolitions, marine infrastructure projects, private development, and various municipal works.
We are in search of a Foreperson for our Kootenay region with extensive knowledge and experience in pipe laying and road building.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take charge of the crew – direct the work and be with your crew at all times
- Direct and motivate crew members to complete work efficiently and safely
- Take responsibility for safety, quality and protecting the environment for the assigned work
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Maintain daily records including crew and equipment time, material receiving, productions and summary of activity on site
- Co-ordinate with the Project Superintendent to plan the work and ensure availability of required resources
- 5 years of civil construction experience
- Confident communication skills
- Good work ethic, a willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Familiarity with WorkSafe Regulations and industry best practices
- Valid Driver’s License
- Work outside in varied weather conditions
- Work extended hours and as required by project requirements
- Travel within the region and live away from home area, if required
Expected Wage Range: $39.32 - $43.00 per hour
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.