We are a family of 17 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible.
Copcan Civil, part of NorLand Limited, specializes in construction management and civil construction in BC. Copcan employs over 150 people and currently operates on Vancouver Island, the Okanagan and Kootenays. We are hiring reliable and motivated Operators for projects on Vancouver Island and in Kelowna.
- Experience and proficiency in operating excavators
- Operate a variety of heavy equipment including, but not limited to, greasing, shoveling tracks, cleaning windows and cab interior
- Clean, lubricate and maintain equipment including reports, and time cards detailing machine hours as well as time worked, etc. as required
- Complete daily paperwork including inspection reports, and time cards detailing machine hours as well as time worked, etc. as required
- Conduct thorough safety and maintenance inspection
- Immediately report any mechanical defects, safety defects, and/or existing damage to foreperson
- Valid BC driver’s license
- First aid is considered an asset
Benefits of Working with COPCAN Civil:
- Copcan has a comprehensive Occupational Health & Safety Policy, employee safety is our priority on all sites
- We are committed to quality workmanship and doing things right the first time
- Employees are supported by motivated and knowledgeable staff
- Training and education provided as needed
- Competitive wages
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.