NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single project. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
Copcan Civil, part of NorLand Limited, is an award-winning civil construction company, operating from offices in Nanaimo, Victoria, Kelowna and Rossland. The company has been in business since 1970 and has successfully completed projects throughout Vancouver Island and the BC Interior, including highways and bridge construction, underground utilities, demolitions, marine infrastructure projects, private development, and various municipal works.
We are in search of Pipelayers to join the Copcan Civil team in Victoria, BC with extensive knowledge and experience in city, urban pipe laying, and road building.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reliable, with a valid driver’s license and your own transportation
- Experience working in shored trenches installing various pipe types
- Good communicator and enjoys working on a team
- Certifications an asset: first aid, confined space, utility locating, rigging, etc.
- Preference given to those who are able to work with qualified apprentices and teach the trade
- Safety knowledge and experience in construction industry
- Experience with basic power and construction tools
- Nice to have a valid BC driver’s license, but not a requirement
- First aid is considered an asset
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, and lift up to 50lbs
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
Expected Wage Range: $24.00 - $39.00 per hour
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.