NorLand Limited is a diverse group of 18 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
The Impact & Sustainability Shared Service (Impact Team) is dedicated to guiding our businesses through the implementation of sustainable business practices across NorLand. The Impact Team develops a variety of social and environmental practices to work towards giving back to our people, communities, and shared environment in a positive way.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Communications Coordinator at the Impact & Sustainability Shared Service area of NorLand, reporting to the Impact & Sustainability Manager. In this position, you will be expected to work closely with a variety of business units and individuals across NorLand to create content related to our Shared Purpose and Impact that will be shared internally and externally to NorLand stakeholders.
- Create the NorLand Quarterly Newsletter and its content to foster connection between 18 Business Units
- Be an integral partner in various stakeholder engagement strategies and initiatives by Impact
- Assist in writing, editing, and producing content for Impact proposals, reports, policies, and surveys
- Assist in administering NorLand’s Intranet (currently developing)
- Develop quarterly newsletter to share sustainability related information and create awareness among all Business Units
- Interview different people across NorLand to create newsletter articles (will require visiting office and sites on occasion)
- Develop and lead community initiatives for employees to participate in
- Collaborate with senior and executive leadership in communications
- Collaborate with other Shared Services in internal and external engagement opportunities
- Develop communication documents aligned with the needs of Business Units, such as policies, proposals, and reports
- Lead note taking in key meetings and keep track of Impact initiatives
- Network and communicate Impact effectively with all levels of employees when opportunity arises
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree with experience in Communications (or equivalent) or 2+ years previous experience in Communications or Sustainability
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with advanced Microsoft Office experience
- Knowledge in sustainable business practices
- Knowledge of the construction industry is an asset
- Physical proximity and accessibility to the Lower Mainland in BC
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in dealing with all individuals
- Capability to self-manage and self-motivate in an environment where you may need to switch priorities at a moment’s notice
- Passion for leading and creating sustainable change as part of a proactive team
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices