NorLand Limited is diverse group of 19 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years. NorLand offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Corporate Accountant. Reporting to the Corporate Assistant Controller, the Corporate Accountant will be based at NorLand's head office in Burnaby BC, and will work closely with the Assistant Controller, other accounting staff, and our various Business Units to ensure and support the efficient and effective workings of the accounting department. This role will have primary responsibility for the maintenance and management of the company fixed assets, inventory, and intercompany transactions.
- Process fixed asset acquisition and disposal entries and monthly depreciation entries
- Maintain fixed asset continuity schedules, depreciation schedules and equipment listings
- Reconcile fixed asset and assets financing schedules
- Prepare monthly capex actual-to-budget variance analysis
- Coordinate year-end inventory count, compile count information and pricing, prepare inventory schedules and complete year-end adjustments
- Record equipment entries including utilization, revenue, cost and insurance transactions
- Record all transactions as they pertain to company property rentals and our barge operations
- Prepare monthly job profit summaries and account reconciliations, and analyze variances
- Support the preparation of financial reports and assist with month-end and year-end tasks
- Manage and prepare pre-qualification applications
- Assist the Assistant Controller and other accounting staff with year-end audit tasks
- Identify and develop policies and procedures in view of improving accounting processes and departmental workflow
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in a multi-entity environment required
- Post-secondary degree in business or accounting preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Software
- Previous experience working with ERP systems (Spectrum an asset)
- Self-starting, team player who is willing to work collaboratively towards achieving goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, embrace ambiguity and creatively solve business problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels across the various business functions
At NorLaned Limited, we are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.