Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day; rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done! working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, you will go home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Corporate Commercial Manager, reporting to the CEO and CFO. In this position you will develop and manage contracts and subcontracts for construction and industrial services projects, ensuring all our contracts conform to legislative requirements and meet company goals. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a risk tracking model highlighting major corporate and operational risk items and reporting on these to the Advisory Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing, negotiating and reviewing various company contracts in accordance to applicable legislation and the strategic direction of the business
• Reviewing bid packages and RFPs for potential contractual risks, assisting in developing scopes of work for tender packages and reviewing all bid forms for accuracy and risk mitigation and coordinating with Estimating and Project Managers in the award of contracts.
• Develop and maintain a formal company-wide approach to Risk Management and support a risk management culture by pro-actively managing and responding to the risks that affect our values and our goals.
• Build and maintain solid relationships with internal project teams and external stakeholders including owners, board advisors, clients, architect, consultants, subcontractors and stakeholders.
• Assist in the development of schedules and costs recovery as they relate to claims; review, comment and manage any extension and delay claims, keep updated on the latest Contract legislation and contract type changes/amendments, and liaise with other departments as required.
To Be Successful in this Role:
• You possess a construction, engineering, business, finance, legal or related degree/diploma and a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience or equivalent with a mid-large construction or engineering firm.
• You have a comprehensive knowledge of current construction and procurement laws and regulations and excellent attention to detail and risk mitigation skills.
• With your superior communication and customer service abilities, you will effectively build and manage relationships at all levels both with internal and external partners.
• You will have excellent negotiation skills, strong knowledge of building contracts including CCDC and CCA contracts, construction techniques and methodology.
• Experience with a public and private infrastructure tendering and contracting process an asset.
• Proficiency in MS Office is essential, Hard Dollar or Bid2Win is an asset.
NorLand Limited offers an inclusive, supportive atmosphere, great working conditions, opportunities to grow, and fantastic benefits to all its family members.
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Commercial Manager” in the subject line.