NorLand Limited is diverse group of 15 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
The Corporate Finance and Accounting Department at NorLand Limited has an exciting opportunity for a new team member to fill the position of Credit & Collections Manager the Burnaby, BC head office.
In this position, you will report to the Vice President of Finance and work closely with the Finance and Accounting group as well as Operations to ensure adequate credit policies are in place and adhered to, and customer accounts are appropriately managed, followed up and collected in a timely manner.
The Credit & Collections Manager will also identify, manage and report on credit risk and look for ways to mitigate it while maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Develop Policies
- Develop goals that complement the overarching business goals of the company.
- Research, develop and implement appropriate “best practice” credit policies and collection procedures to reduce the amount of overdue accounts
- Plan, evaluate, implement and continuously improve all aspects of the credit & collections function and processes
- Build and maintain professional relationships with customers, Project Managers (PM) and Business Unit (BU) Managers, Divisional Controllers and other stakeholders within and outside the company
- Minimize Losses
- Monitor credit limits being granted to new customers and periodically review credit limits of existing customers, to ensure within company policy
- Work closely with PM and BU Managers to address credit and collection concerns with existing and potential customers
- Manage the collection of outstanding credit and invoices to minimize loss while ensuring it is handled with care and as per company policy
- Negotiate payment arrangements
- Generate Reports and Analysis
- Regularly (at least monthly) report on collections progress and KPIs
- Communicate with customers by means of phone calls, letters, emails to make sure customers receive necessary communication regarding their accounts
- Run reports and analyze data pertaining to each BU and share relevant trends and flags with PMs, BU managers and finance executives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance
- ARS, ARM certificate an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in credit and collections - credit checks and authorizations and billing and collection procedures and practices
- Experience in or exposure to the construction industry or project accounting
- Proficient in computer software programs such as Microsoft Office and database systems
- Strong mathematical skills
- Knowledge of provincial and federal collection laws
- Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Credit & Collections Manager” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices