NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses have been making Anything, Possible for over 65 years!
Norland Limited has an exciting opportunity for a new team member to fill the position of Delivery Driver/Yard Coordinator work out of the Burnaby, BC location and report to Yard Manager/Supervisor. As a self-motivated Delivery Driver/Yard Coordinator you will be responsible to safely and efficiently organizing, loading, picking-up and delivering equipment and materials to and from the yard, job sites and various vendors.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily site deliveries and safely meet delivery deadlines
- Pull orders of materials and equipment from the yards and warehouses for deliveries to various sites
- Secure all loads using industry standard practice to ensure self and public safety
- Deliver materials to and from sites throughout the day & pickup materials from vendors
- Load and unload tools, materials, and equipment both at site and in the yard often by yourself
- Stack, band, and organize material coming back from sites
- Proactively communicate with superintendents and foremen on sites to ensure correct site protocols are followed
- Organize and maintain the yard and buildings when requested
- Inspect and service vehicles and equipment daily to ensure the safe operation of all components
- Communicate and work effectively with other divisional yard staff, and Yard Supervisor
- Promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals is paramount
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- Forklift experience is an asset
- Valid Class 5 or 7 BC Driver’s license required
- Safety knowledge and experience in the industrial construction industry
- Ability to lift to 50lbs (22.7kg) unassisted
- Willing and able to work outdoors and comfortable driving in all weather conditions
NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.