We are a group of 15 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible. NorLand Limited has an exciting opportunity for a new team member to fill the position of Financial Planning & Analysis Manager the Burnaby, BC head office.
In this position, you will report to the Vice President of Finance and be responsible for providing corporate modeling expertise, forecasting and budgeting, financial analysis, and ad-hoc support to the VP of Finance and other senior managers, allowing for the planning and evaluation of the Company’s progress towards achieving its strategic goals and growth plans.
This role will support major corporate decisions of the finance department, the executives, and the Board of Directors by utilizing both quantitative and qualitative analysis of all operational aspects of the company. Primary responsibility is corporate performance management - connect senior management's long term "strategic plan" to reality, translate high-level targets (revenue, net income, core strategic initiatives, etc.) into an operating and financial plan.
- Budgeting, forecasting and analysis as decision support: Gathering and analysing data to advise management on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or capture new opportunities from both within the company and within the external environment.
- Process optimization: Identifying and resolving workflow inefficiencies arising from systems and tools that don't "speak to each other" well. Implementing tools appropriate for cashflow forecasting in a large multi-division company.
- Revamp the budgeting and forecasting processes by identifying and incorporating key drivers for expenses, revenues and business risks, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Lead the annual budgeting process
- Develop and manage the preparation of a 12-month operating rolling forecast, and a cashflow forecast
- Conduct variance analysis of actual performance against budget and forecast
- Analyze cash flow and working capital requirements, as well as other financial health indicators, flagging any risk areas
- Utilize forecasts and other business and financial data to support strategic business decisions
- Create a monthly FP&A report that provides enough information to answer key questions and identify options to optimize performance or meet certain goals
- Liaise between finance and non-finance teams to support data collection, cross company initiatives, infrastructure development and process improvements
- Prepare monthly financial analysis of actual vs. budget/forecast results of Shared Services, and work with Managers to identifying areas for improvement
- Collect financial data/commentary from various teams for completeness of analysis
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis to support business operations, including M&A support as required
- Work on special projects
- CPA designation with 5 years of post-designation experience preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of FP&A experience
- A good understanding of accounting, business systems, and operations
- Ability to work with uncertainty to set clear goals and deliverables
- Strong proficiency in MS office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Experience in / familiarity with the construction industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with all levels
- Results-oriented individual who commits to “getting the job done”