NorLand Limited is diverse group of 16 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
NorLand Limited offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. NorLand Limited offers training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and supports opportunities for their growth and advancement.
We are looking for a new team member for the position of Health & Safety Advisor, for the Infrastructure Major Projects division at NorLand Limited.
In this position you will work closely with the Infrastructure Health and Safety Manager, Project Director and Construction Manager along with site crews to support all areas of health and safety.
- Provide HSE advice, guidance and support to projects, departments, worksite and subcontractor personnel, ensuring compliance with internal processes, legislative, industry best practice and client specific requirements.
- Encourage and promote a positive attitude towards HSE awareness and risk management.
- Ensure Health and Safety is in compliance with NorLand’s Safety Management System and all applicable OHS legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, training and verification of Norland’s Safety Management System.
- Assist and provide leadership where required to establish and participate in the roll out of Project Specific Health and Safety Plans on Joint Venture or other Major Projects.
- Assist in the development of Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials.
- Liaise with client and/or owner project Health and Safety representatives to support project and company goals.
- Conduct routine site visits; inspect workplace facilities to ensure consistency with procedures and legislative requirements; complete site audits.
- Assist with the investigation of Health and Safety related issues; implement preventative measures and follow-up to ensure compliance.
- Manage and document employee Health and Safety training.
- Address and mitigate Near Miss, Incident, Accident and Environmental incidents to analyze, identify, and communicate trends and frequency details.
- Maintain and disseminate HSE statistics.
- Assist with the Return to Work Program.
- Proactively recommend measures to improve site safety and mitigate risk.
- Assist with the management of subcontractors ensuring they are meeting the required HSE standards.
- Interact with client HSE reps and ensure compliance with client requirements.
- Act as a resource for the company’s JHSC.
- CSO Designation
- Experience working on Major Construction Projects is desirable
- OFA Level 2 or 3
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, program development, safety & health training, and accident investigation.
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills necessary.
- A strong team player attitude with the ability to effectively adjust to changing priorities and demands.
- Valid and clean BC Driver’s License.
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to RECRUITMENT@Norlandlimited.com quoting “Health & Safety Advisor” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.