NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
CDI (Construction Drilling Inc.), a division of NorLand Limited is a drilling contractor and drill equipment rental company based in Duncan, BC on Vancouver Island. They also operate an office and yard in Edmonton Alberta.
CDI is looking for a team member to fill the position of Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic reporting to the Superintendent/Journeyperson located in Duncan, BC. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and work on some unique equipment. The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting the company’s HSE policies throughout each project; safely and effectively maintain and repair the equipment fleet.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage and prioritize field service calls.
- Demonstrate abilities to effectively trouble shoot and provide problem solving solutions.
- Helps promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on NorLand sites is paramount.
- Conduct yourself at all times in professional manner, consistent with NorLand Limited’s code of conduct, Shared Purpose, and Values
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnosis /Faultfinding of earth moving and material handling equipment.
- Repair and maintenance of earth moving and material handling equipment according to EOM specifications.
- Check for the proper operation of earth moving and material handling equipment.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Clean lubricate and routine maintenance on earth moving and material handling equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled Planned Maintenance (PM) services, appraisals, and Safety Inspections
- Complete all necessary timecards and report documentation as required.
- Complete shop work as required by Supervisor's direction when required.
- Communicate repair status and requirements with Supervisor and site foremen.
- Complete jobs as assigned. Some out of town at customer site visits might be required.
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow customer accounts while carrying out your duties.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
- 3+ years’ experience as a mechanic, preferably with field experience
- Experience working on earth moving equipment such as cranes, rills, compressors, top drives, rotators, oscillators, excavators etc.,
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical issues.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (at minimum) is required (The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to carry out job responsibilities legally and safely. Driver’s abstract will be requested.)
- Previous experience with Drilling Equipment and/or Excavators is an asset.
- Experience with hydraulic systems/equipment and excellent proficiency in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics is an asset.
- Honest, reliable, punctual, positive attitude and ability to work well with others is a must.
- Excellent communications skills and willingness to work within a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to travel and work overtime as required at our Duncan location.
Expected Wage Range: $43.00 - $47.00 per hour
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.