NorLand Limited is a diverse group of specialized businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our businesses exist to simplify complex project execution and to minimize the risks for all involved. We have a long track record of providing safe, high-quality and cost-effective solutions to a variety of construction challenges. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for 65 years.
NorLand Limited has an exciting opportunity for a new team member to fill the position of Heavy-Duty Field Mechanic to work out of the Burnaby, BC campus.
In this position, you will work closely with the Heavy-Duty shop team in daily maintenance and repair of the equipment that is used to perform the work on various projects, around the Lower Mainland and at times on remote projects throughout BC and Canada.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage and prioritize field service calls
- Demonstrate abilities to effectively trouble shoot and provide problem solving solutions
- Helps promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on Norland sites is paramount
- Conduct yourself at all times in professional manner, consistent with NorLand Limited’s code of conduct, Shared Purpose and Values
Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage Field Service Truck and following:
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts components or systems according to scope of work to restore equipment to original manufacture specifications
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Commissioning and Operator Training on new equipment
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Complying with safety policies and identifying/reporting any unsafe work habits
- Maintaining hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, required
- 5+ years’ experience as a mechanic, preferably with field experience
- Experience working on earth moving equipment
- Must have own hand tools
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical issues
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (at minimum) is required for travel on field calls and air travel. (The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Driver’s abstract will be requested).
- Previous experience with Drilling Equipment and/or Excavators is an asset
- Experience with hydraulic systems/equipment and excellent proficiency in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics is an asset
- Honest, reliable, punctual, positive attitude and ability to work well with others is a must
- Excellent communications skills and willingness to work within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
- Willingness for occasional work travel (under mutually accepted terms)
This is a Union position with the IUOE 115 (International Union of Operating Engineers) and earns Union wages, extended Healthcare Benefits and Union-sponsored Pension Plan.
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Heavy Duty Field Mechanic” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices