NorLand Limited is diverse group of 17 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years. Pacific Industrial Movers LP (dba) Apex Specialized Rigging & Moving and Pro-Tech Industrial Movers, part of NorLand Limited, provides specialized rigging, heavy transport of major components and customized solutions for their customers.
Pacific Industrial Movers LP offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivational individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a new team member to fill the position of Heavy Duty Mechanic at Pacific Industrial Movers (Delta, BC) reporting to the Equipment Superintendent.
In this position, you will work closely with the Equipment Superintendent in daily maintenance and repair of the equipment that is used to perform the work on various projects.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrate abilities to effectively trouble shoot and provide problem solving solutions
- Helps promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees is paramount
- Conduct yourself at all times in professional manner, consistent with NorLand Limited’s code of conduct, Shared Purpose, and Values
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts components or systems according to scope of work to restore equipment to original manufacture specifications
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Commissioning new equipment
- Crane maintenance experience
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Complying with safety policies and identifying/reporting any unsafe work habits
- Maintaining hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic/Apprentices
- 5+ years’ experience as a mechanic
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and electrical issues
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (at minimum) is required (The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to carry out job responsibilities legally and safely. Driver’s abstract will be requested.)
- Previous experience with highway trucks and trailers
- Experience with hydraulic systems/equipment and proficiency in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics is an asset
- Honest, reliable, punctual, positive attitude and ability to work well with others is a must
- Excellent communications skills and willingness to work within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
- Monday to Friday 6am – 2:30pm
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours to meet the needs of our business
- May be required to travel to sites
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.