NorLand Limited is diverse group of 15 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
We have an exciting opportunity for a new team member to fill the position of HR Coordinator at the Burnaby, BC campus.
In this position you will work closely with the HR Generalist, as well as all 15 Business Units and multiple Shared Services Leaders to provide varying levels of transactional, administrative and recruitment support. You will also be a point of contact and a culture ambassador for day to day HR inquiries, support and recruitment initiatives both inside and outside the organization.
- Work collaboratively with the HR support team and business units to delivery high quality transactional and administrative HR support
- Be an integral partner in managing and supporting the recruiting activities of Norland
- Engage with and support NorLand leaders in the effort to acquire talent and build a great organization of talented individuals
- Promoting, living and embedding the NorLand Values through all day to day HR interactions and processes
- Engage with BU leaders and corporate services to ensure relevant and timely delivery of transactional HR support
- Respond to internal and external general HR related inquiries and website applicants as needed
- Manage and execute the Internal Employee Referral Program
- Administer and track HR programming (i.e recruitment support, employee file management)
- Assist with the NorLand employee Onboarding process including meeting new employees, ensuring appropriate paperwork is completed, ensuring tools are available on employees first day, reviewing the General NorLand Employee Handbook, etc.
- Manage and administer the NorLand recruitment process including assisting with the development of recruitment strategies, drafting and publishing job postings, interacting with recruitment agencies, forwarding resumes to hiring managers, sending emails to applicants and candidates, scheduling interviews, and ensuring an effective, efficient process is diligently followed to enhance NorLand branding
- Work with members of the Business Development team on NorLand recruitment initiatives, including ensuring the website(s) careers pages are up to date
- Attend and support the NorLand booth at career fairs, as required
- Participate and assist with co-op student and summer student placement
- Maintain confidential HR records as required
- Assist with managing and updating database of HR templates, letter templates, job descriptions, etc.
- Assist with the administration, and maintenance of NorLand HR Programs
- Assist with roll-out and training for new HR initiatives
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- 3+ years previous experience in HR or recruitment activities
- Knowledge of HR & recruitment processes, regulation, legislation, and best practices
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with advanced Microsoft office and calendar management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at the same time
- Ability to handle data and confidential information
- Demonstrate excellent judgement, discretion and sensitivity
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in dealing with professionals both inside and outside the company
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple conflicting priorities, where you may have to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting “HR Coordinator” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices