NorLand Limited is diverse group of 16 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
Pinnacle Drilling Products provides innovative drilling solutions and is the one-stop shop for all drilling and service needs, either by supplying or custom making products for clients across Canada and around the globe.
Pinnacle Drilling Products is looking for a new team member to fill the position of Industrial Products Accountant for their Calgary, Alberta location.
In this position you will report to the VP/General Manager and will work closely with the business unit managers of Pinnacle Drilling Products (PDP) and ML Air (MLA) to establish and maintain financial and internal control priorities, structure and accountability.
- Supervise, train and manage AP, AR, and other daily activities of the accounting department
- Manage all aspects of accounting, budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting and analysis of operating data for the business unit(s)
- Maintain standardization of key processes across the 2 business units to improve quality of information, transparency and comparability between units
- Act as liaison between the business units and Industrial Products Group Controller (“Group Controller”)
- Prepare and present monthly financial performance summary at the financial review meetings
- Review General Ledger accounts to ensure that transactions are recorded in the appropriate accounts
- Where necessary prepare month-end adjusting journal entries with calculations and worksheets supporting closing accruals, provisions, amortizations and intercompany recons
- Reconcile sub-ledger balances to GL (WIP, Inventory, AR, AP, Un-invoiced Receiving)
- Prepare month-end working papers for review by the Group Controller and Corporate Controller
- Analyze complex accounting transactions and recommend appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with ASPE
- Research, track, document and resolve accounting issues and recommend improvements where necessary
- Respond to audit requests during the annual audit
- Maintain Fixed Assets and Depreciation Schedules
- Assist the Group Controller in implementing changes in accounting policies and procedures
- Manage financing contracts to ensure that payments are made as per schedule
- Monitor open SOs and WOs to ensure that goods are received in the system in a timely fashion and invoicing is up to date
- Process interim bank reconciliation (locate differences, update book balance, spot book and bank errors prior to month-end bank recon)
- Vendor and Customer set up for PDP and MLA
- Review vendor invoices to ensure that they are (a) authorized and (b) coded properly before they get entered into the system for payment
- Review time entries in the ERP system and prepare a summary of hours for submission to payroll department
- Manage warranty provisions and accruals
- Review head office charges
- Assist in the implementation of new ERP systems and the continuous improvement of existing ERP systems
- CPA designation with 3 years of post-designation experience, preferred
- Prior experience in supervising accounting staff members, including reviewing their work
- Fluent in French, essential
- Strong proficiency in MS office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Experience in the industrial products and manufacturing industry, preferred
- Proven knowledge of finance, accounting and cost controls
- Results orientated, self-starting, team player willing to work collaboratively towards achieving the strategic goals of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Willingness to travel to other company locations on occasion, within Canada
If you are interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Pinnacle Drilling Products and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices