Pacific Industrial Movers (Apex/Pro-Tech), part of NorLand Limited, brings over 50 years of experience, specialized equipment and expertise. From heavy dimensional transportation, or equipment placement ranging in weight from 1 to 1000 tons, we’ve seen and done it all. We’ve built a solid reputation for solving problems in specialized lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team for a Journeyman Millwright. In this position you will report to the Project Manager and Foreman and will assist in site installation of mechanical equipment and conveyors. As a Millwright you are responsible for installing, fabricating, repairing and replacing defective machinery parts, troubleshooting, and performing routine maintenance work on machinery under minimal supervision.
• Precision fitting, and assembling of equipment from engineered drawings
• Layout, level, and align fabricated assemblies using cranes and forklifts
• Install, set up, test, detect and troubleshoot irregularities
• Fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance and/or set-up
• Repair or replace defective parts as needed
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment
• Maintain a clean and safe workspace
Qualifications & Skills:
• Journeyman Certificate along with Red Seal Endorsement and a minimum of 4 years' experience in an industrial equipment environment is required
• Industry experience in conveyors, specialized rigging and/or large projects is an asset
• Ability to interpret mechanical drawings is necessary
• Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to use precision measurement tools accurately
• Hoisting and rigging experience to 10,000kg is an asset
• High attention to detail to ensure accuracy and quality, and the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Be able to work under pressure and think outside the box when necessary
• Self-motivated and creative, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Should have own set of basic tools and steel toed boots
• Be able to lift a minimum 20kg.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
If you feel you are interested in this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Millwright” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited and its business units are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices