NorLand Limited is diverse group of 19 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years. NorLand offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Office Manager for our head office, located in Burnaby, BC. This role will organize and coordinate office administration processes to ensure the smooth operation of our workspace.
- Conduct daily walkthroughs to ensure a clean, safe, and organized office
- Respond to staff requests in a timely manner
- Ensure all common areas throughout the office are tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials to do business
- Identify, recommend, and act on opportunities that will improve office operations
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Assist in the procurement of services and oversight of vendors as requested
- Organize office equipment maintenance, and order all office and printer supplies
- Coordinate the delivery of site services, including beverages and catering
- In coordination with the Properties Manager, oversee and track repairs, maintenance, and minor works
- Provide direction to service providers to ensure coordination and execution of work with minimal disruption
- Maintain the office seating plan and support office moves as requested
- Act as back up for receptionist for breaks and vacation period
- Over 3 years of experience in an office administration role
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Professional attitude, and the ability to act with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required
At NorLand Limited, we are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.