NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses have been making Anything Possible for over 65 years!
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done! You’ll work with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and go home safely every day, passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
CDI (Construction Drilling Inc.), part of NorLand Limited, is looking for a team member to fill the position of Operators reporting to the Yard Superintendent located in Duncan, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with a team of other operators to accomplish site-level goals of drilling shafts, shoring walls, cofferdams & cut-off walls and promoting the company’s HSE policies throughout each project.
- Always operate in a safe and respectful manner on client job sites
- Set a high standard for quality of work that helps to elevate the skills of the rest of the Team
- Operate as a productive member of a high functioning team to drive high quality results
- Work with Field Supervisors and Crew to perform various tasks in accordance with project specifications
- Ensure effective communication at all times with the ground field crew
- Ability to report on work progress and any potential issues as they arise to Field Supervisors
- Perform daily pre-inspection machinery safety checks and service
- Work out of town if required
- Attend, and be an active participant in all mandatory safety meetings
- Experience running 40-ton and 50-ton size machines considered an asset
- Equivalent or Heavy-Duty Operator schooling experience as an operator
- Understanding of Safety and the expectations to exceed Safety standards
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and writing
- Good work ethic and willing to learn with the desire to produce quality results
CDI and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.