The Finance team at NorLand Limited has an exciting opportunity to fill the position of Payroll & Benefits Administration Manager to work out of the Burnaby, BC head office.
In this position, you will report to the VP Finance and work closely with the Finance, Human Resources, and Operations teams, and be primarily responsible for the effective overall management of payroll and benefits administration for NorLand Limited as a whole.
- Manage all aspects of payroll and benefits administration
- Ensure continuous improvement of the payroll function
- Provide coaching and leadership to payroll and benefits for employees
- Oversee the processing of T4s, T4As, Union dues, statutory deductions, garnishments
- Oversee/coordinate all Y/E updates in current ERP
- Work closely with HR to prepare, coordinate and maintain employee documentations and employee file management
- Oversee the payroll operations for all Business Units and Shared Service areas at NorLand Limited
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll on a pay period and on-going basis; be responsible for all functions related to payroll, legislation compliance, payroll deductions, payroll reconciliations, etc.
- Be responsible for the oversight of the preparation and analysis of monthly payroll reports
- Ensure payroll system is updated on an annual basis for compliance and accuracy, including tax table updates to comply with Canada Revenue Agency regulations
- Prepare T4s and ROE’s
- Respond to unemployment claims, verifications and statistical reporting
- Prepare WCB quarterly statements
- Administer Pension, RSP and Extended Benefit plans
- Be responsible for the provision of customer service to internal and external stakeholders such as other departments, management, employees and various government agencies & third parties
- Set up wage and pay codes in the Company’s payroll system, and monitor for changes, as required
- Make changes to payroll based on collective agreements and employee contributions, as required
- Liaise with Project Managers, as required
- Manage, mentor and coach payroll staff
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in the payroll process
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supervising the payroll function, including payroll staff
- Canadian Payroll Manager Designation, preferred
- Solid understanding of payroll regulatory requirements and the BC Employment Standards Act
- Sound knowledge of accounting & human resource principles
- Strong leadership, time management and prioritization skills
- Highly respectful of sensitive and confidential information
- Customer-service orientation with an emphasis on building and maintaining relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Results oriented individual who commits to “getting the job done”
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting “Payroll Manager” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices