NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single project. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
We are looking for a strategic leader to fill the position of Procurement & Facilities Lead in Burnaby, BC. This role will play a crucial role in driving success and transformation in our organization through effective procurement and utilization strategies, supplier management, and process optimization across the procurement and facilities functions. If you are a broad thinker, a skilled leader, and passionate about delivering organizational value, we invite you to join our team and make a significant impact on our operations and overall business success.
What you will be accountable for:
- Establishing a procurement function that meets the needs of our business units and corporate groups.
- Developing and implementing procurement strategies, including identifying and evaluating potential suppliers, negotiating contracts, and overseeing the procurement process.
- Developing procurement policies and procedures and ensuring that all procurement activities are aligned with the company's overall goals.
- Ensuring that the company's properties and buildings are managed in a safe and efficient manner.
- In conjunction with the equipment group, developing and implementing procurement strategies for major construction equipment.
- Managing and developing team members who will effectively deliver procurement and facilities services.
- Developing and managing the procurement and facilities budgets, including tracking spending, meeting targets, and identifying opportunities to save money.
- Reporting on procurement & facilities activities including budgets, trends, and overall effectiveness.
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with the procurement function, such as supplier risk, financial risk, and legal risk.
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with the facilities management function, such as property damage, utility outages, and security breaches.
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies in procurement and facilities, including the use of new technologies or outsourcing activities.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of procurement experience, preferably in a construction environment.
- Proven experience in a leadership role.
- Deep knowledge of procurement best practices, market trends, and supplier management strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, with implementation experience an asset.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve targets and objectives.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Expected salary range: $100K - $140K (dependent on internal parity and candidate's skill, qualification, and experience relevant to the role)
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.