NorLand Limited is diverse group of 18 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years. Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day. Rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, you’ll be working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and go home safely every day, passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
Construction Drilling Inc. (CDI) specializes in unique and difficult drilling solutions. With a fleet of drilling equipment and our experienced team, Construction Drilling take a lot of pride in our dedication and delivery of high-quality construction drilling solutions. We are fortunate to have become an employer of choice manning some of the best trades people in the industry. We offer training, mentoring and professional development for every employee, and supports opportunities for growth and advancement.
CDI has an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator, initially for a site-based project near Golden, BC and then based out of our office in Duncan, BC with assignments to other projects as needed. In this position you will be responsible for coordination, allocation and daily dispatch of site construction crews and equipment. You will support the project execution teams and work very closely to provide required field crewing to match the project demands.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work outside with the crew for a portion of each day on duties assigned by the superintendent or foreman
- Assist construction Project Managers and Superintendents with daily office and site duties
- Take part in the morning safety meeting, weekly and monthly site inspections
- Create AutoCAD drawings for job-specific work plans and staging diagrams
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in the day-to-day duties of the project’s administration
- Attend meetings with clients/general contractors/subcontractors to determine project requirements, scheduling, and other progress tracking related issues
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear, trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
- Complete and submit work orders, time sheets, and invoices
- Update project schedules, logs, and inspection reports
- Coordinate rental equipment (returns, breaks, invoices and billing)
- Manage the contract and scope of work, identify and capture change
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Assist with site activities, including but not limited to; quality control for concrete pours, completing QA/QC checklists, updating and up-keeping daily photo log of activities on site, etc.
- Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications, and codes.
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating of RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
- Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
- Ensure that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by the corporate safety manual, Workers’ Compensation Board or other authorities
- Promote a positive safety culture with a target for zero incidents
- Become familiar with the Supervision and Worker Responsibilities outlined in the Construction Drilling Health and Safety Manual
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Degree or diploma in engineering or engineering technology (civil or geotechnical), or construction management with 0-3 years of experience
- Confident communicator
- Proficient with MS Office Software
- AutoCAD skills preferred
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- LOA & transportation to site is provided
- Typical rotation is 3 weeks in and 1 week out
- Field environment, working to deadlines, some high stress situations (e.g. meeting deadlines)
- Will be required to work outside of normal work hours and nights to meet the needs of the project
CDI and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.