NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses make Anything. Possible!
NorTech Industrial Services provides project management, construction management, and skilled labour for installation and maintenance of specialized mechanical equipment and associated structural steel. We utilize the diverse backgrounds of our highly skilled and carefully selected managers and technicians to rethink the possibilities when it comes to construction and installations.
We are in search of a Project Coordinator to join the NorTech team. In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating project and construction activities for a wide range of complex heavy industrial installation of bulk materials handling equipment and structures projects. You will support of the project team and work very closely with the Project Manager and field supervisors to effectively coordinate project trades, subcontractors, and the owner’s personnel for all project activities.
- Collaborate and assist Project Managers with all day-to-day project initiatives and activities
- Coordinate with engineers and participate in design reviews
- Solicit, organize, and maintain project documentation
- Manage the administrative functions of projects including health & safety, quality, subcontractor progress,scheduling, and tracking particulars
- Help promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on any Norland site is paramount
- Provide excellent customer service by putting the customer first, communicating effectively and making NorTech Services a pleasure to work with
- Promote the NorTech brand and develop relationships with clients and other contractors
- Always demonstrate ahigh degree of professionalism, skill and motivation
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research scope of work documentation, specifications, codes & standards
- Compile, prepare and maintain project documents, ensuring that all project documentation is complete, current, filed, and accessible to the project team
- Prepare documents and templates required for mobilization to site and develop project document management structures
- Ensure all drawings available to project staff are up to date and complete packages are available
- Track status & responses for RFI’s, submittal's, shop drawings, design drawings, etc. & communicate to all affected stakeholders
- Coordinate submission of building permits with subcontractors & owners, assist with work permits, hot work/burning permits, rail closures, and communicate to project stakeholders
- Provide information for daily activity reports/logs/progress report & maintain project deficiency lists
- Manage site services (fuel, janitors, washroom etc.)
- Coordinate deliveries of materials and equipment when assigned to be site contact
- Co-operate and co-ordinate with the owner’s representative including providing all necessary documentation required
- Attend meetings and generate meeting agendas and record meeting minutes, and distribute minutes to the project team
- Coordinate submission of close-out documents including Warranties, Manuals & As-Built drawings as required•Support the project manager with invoicing and other closing documentation (feedback form, lessons learned, and handover documents to the client)
- Assist and aid all requirements of the Quality Control Plan such as auditing and following up on non-conformances if necessary
- Review, code and submit sub-contractor and materials invoices for payment
- Mechanical or structural engineering diploma or degree, or similar experience in construction project work, project administration or coordination (without degree)
- 2+ years of experience working on small to large industrial installation projects
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, combined with outstanding attention to detail and prioritizing and organizational skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications
NorTech is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.