NorLand Limited is diverse group of 16 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
NorLand Limited offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. NorLand Limited offers training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and supports opportunities for their growth and advancement.
We are looking for a new team member for the position of Proposal Manager, for the Major Projects division at NorLand Limited.
In this role, you will be responsible for the complete management of technical and commercial proposal preparation and satisfying all requirements of RFEOI, RFQ and RFP responses, including large and complex pursuit packages. You will apply your knowledge and expertise to ensure that information flow is efficient, professional and timely, and all client facing materials are of the highest quality.
- Write, edit and proofread proposal content and other written communications
- Manage the proposal process from receipt of the EOI/RFQ/RFP to submission
- Delegate resources, establish deadlines, and track progress
- Submit, receive and distribute proposal information, RFI’s and addenda
- Act as point of contact between the company, our clients and other partners
- Document management, including version control and file maintenance
- Reconcile drawings and documentation with RFP drawing and document lists
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively drive the proposal management process, including the coordination of information from contributors and following up on action items to ensure a streamlined collaborative process
- Analyze the project and estimate requirements and establish a plan for developing the proposal submission package
- Review scope of work, identify subcontractor packages and secure subcontract content for inclusion in the proposal
- Work with the estimating team to coordinate receipt of estimate pricing
- Research, write and edit standard and customized proposal content
- Monitor the progress of all pursuit activities for adherence to deadlines and quality standards
- Collaborate with other companies on major joint venture project pursuits
- Facilitate JV bid meetings with other pursuit stakeholders
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with clients and other partners
- Manage multiple proposals & priorities simultaneously
- Strong English language and technical writing skills, and an aptitude for understanding technical terminology
- Attention to detail, coupled with the ability to proofread and edit material, and identify errors and omissions
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant proposal development experience, preferably with BC infrastructure projects or a similar environment
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from recognized post-secondary institution in language, communications, marketing, business or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of industrial construction RFP and EOI processes including bonding, safety, quality control, project controls, addenda, RFI’s, contract types and commercial requirements would be an asset
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet proposal deadlines when required
- Ability to read industrial construction drawings and specifications is an asset.
- Previous experience in consulting, engineering or legal and/or major project joint venture experience are desirable
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting “Proposal Manager” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.