Foundation Equipment (TFE), is Western Canada's authorized BAUER Maschinen GmbH service partner. We perform sales, service and parts support for BAUER, KLEMM, and other related foundation drilling equipment across western Canada. TFE offers rewarding careers and training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and supports opportunities for their growth and advancement.
We are looking for new team members to fill the position of Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic at Traxxon Foundation Equipment. In this position you will be responsible for service, overhaul and support of all equipment under the Bauer Maschinen brand as well as their subsidiary companies (Bauer, KLEMM, BauerMAT etc.). The successful candidates will participate in training at Bauer facilities in Germany and the USA, as well as onsite locally. They will then provide shop service and mobile service to our customer base in western Canada.
You will be accountable for:
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts components or systems according to scope of work to restore equipment to original manufacture specifications
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Commissioning new equipment
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Complying with safety policies and identifying/reporting any unsafe work habits
- Maintaining hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
To qualify for this role you must have:
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (or equivalent). Year 3 and 4 apprentices will also be considered.
- Ability to work and troubleshoot independently.
- Willing and able to travel (Western Canada, USA, Germany).
- Basic computer skills. Experience with an ERP or CMMS an asset.
- Ability to speak/read German is an asset.
- Maintain a valid drivers license
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Heavy Duty Mechanic” in the subject line.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.
Traxxon Foundation Equipment and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices