Traxxon Rock Drills Ltd. specializes in providing equipment solutions for the Rock Drilling Industry which make economic sense and provides our customers with the opportunity to make larger profits. We design and manufacture our own brand of TR-EX Rock Drilling attachments in various sizes, as well as our own drifters. We are a full-service dealer for Sandvik Surface Drills and rock tool consumables, as well as have access to other Drilling Industry lines of products. We specialize in distributing new and used equipment, service & repairs, parts sales and custom design solutions for customers all over the world.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic at Traxxon Rock Drills Ltd. In this position you will responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of Hydraulic & some Pneumatic Drilling Equipment as well as related equipment and aspects of our customer’s equipment and components according to defined specifications as well as all aspects of manufacturing, building, assembling and repairing our Traxxon brand of rock drilling equipment & accessories.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage and prioritize field service calls
- Demonstrate abilities to effectively trouble shoot and provide problem solving solutions
- Helps promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on Norland sites is paramount
- Conduct yourself at all times in professional manner, consistent with NorLand Limited’s code of conduct, Shared Purpose and Values
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions.
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts components or systems according to scope of work to restore equipment to original manufacture specifications.
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports and parts lists
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Complying with safety policies and identifying/reporting any unsafe work habits
- Maintaining hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Commissioning and training as required for new equipment at customer sites
- Field Service calls and possible out of town travel
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Red Seal Certified Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (at minimum) is required for possible travel on field calls and air travel. (The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Driver’s abstract will be requested.)
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
- Honest, reliable, punctual, positive attitude and ability to work well with others is a must
- Previous experience with Drilling Equipment and/or Excavators is an asset
- Experience with hydraulic systems/equipment and excellent proficiency in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics is an asset
- Agility, muscular coordination, sufficient health & strength to permit the performance of heavy manual labour
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting “Red Seal Equipment Mechanic.”
Traxxon Rock Drills and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices