NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single project. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
Copcan Civil, part of NorLand Limited, is an award-winning civil construction company, operating from offices in Nanaimo, Victoria, Kelowna, and Rossland. The company has been in business since 1970 and has successfully completed projects throughout Vancouver Island and the BC Interior, including highways and bridge construction, underground utilities, demolitions, marine infrastructure projects, private development, and various municipal works.
We are in search of a Safety Coordinator to join the Copcan Civil team based in Nanaimo, BC. This position will require travel to all company division regions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Safety Manager
- Develop, organize, manage, maintain and administer the Health and Safety Program in collaboration with the Health and Safety committees and management
- Balance compliance, education and a practical knowledge of field work in daily activities
- Monitor safety performances
- Complete site inspections and hazard assessments
- Work closely with project managers, supervisors, employees and contractors ensuring work complies with safety legislation
- Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide information to employees on health and safety
- Identify safety training requirements
- Complete internal safety audits
- Liaise with WSBC authorities
- Other duties may be assigned consistent with the job description
- Combination of 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Travel and on call work hours to all company division regions
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Certification in occupational health and safety, an asset
- Comfortable working with and/or learning new software programs (i.e. SiteDocs, Procore)
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
Expected Wage Range: $28.00 - $32.00 per hour
Copcan Civil is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.