NorLand Limited is diverse group of 15 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a new team member to fill the position of Senior Project Manager for our NorLand Major Projects Group.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior Project Manager will lead a team to manage unique heavy civil infrastructure projects valued up to $100M on site. This person will be responsible for all aspects of project construction and will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the project from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
- Review the contract, plans & specifications to determine scope of work and to define project requirements and milestones.
- Leads project team to safely meet project milestones, within budget and to specifications.
- All aspects of project performance; startup, safety, cost, schedule, quality, environmental, client interface, operations, scope changes, billing and closeout
- Communication with clients to maintain solid, long-term relationships
- Assisting with achieving the strategic outlook of the division
- Work on Joint Venture major project pursuits (Request for Qualifications and then Request for Proposals) with other companies acting as the Norland lead on the proposal and estimating various aspects of the project.
- Analyze the project, estimate requirements and establish a plan for implementation
- Assist with developing the project execution plan with the other members of the Project Team
- Construction management and being responsible for all aspects of project performance such as safety, environmental, quality, budget, billing, contract, schedule, and operations.
- Claims and change order management
- Client and stakeholder point of contact
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers
- P.Eng, technical diploma or extensive industry experience is a requirement
- 8+ years’ minimum experience managing all aspects of heavy civil construction from project start to project closeout in the lower mainland
- Onsite major project management experience on a variety of large scale heavy civil infrastructure and transportation projects which involved highways, underground utilities, earthworks and structures.
- Ability to effectively manage new client development, client issues, complaints and inquiries whilst providing excellent service to clients
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Projects skills, Hard Dollar experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic - ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License
If you are interested in this role and feel that you meet the required qualifications, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line.
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices