NorLand Limited is diverse group of 15 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
NorLand Limited offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals.
We are looking for a new team member for the position of Service Writer and Parts Buyer for our Equipment Division. In this position, you will work closely with the maintenance forepersons in our heavy-duty and automotive shops and will liaise with field operations teams to coordinate and schedule required maintenance and repairs on a large variety of equipment. Candidates will be articulate and organized, combined with a focus on customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with field operations teams regarding repair or preventative maintenance service requests and equipment availability schedule
- Liaise with Heavy Duty Shop, Auto Shop, and Field Service supervisors regarding maintenance and repair priority, as well as service technician schedule
- Create, approve, monitor, and close work orders
- Monitor service progress and report back to field operations with updates
- Coordinate outside service and repair vendors and issue purchase orders accordingly
- Ship components to outsourced repair and manufacturing facilities
- Calculate labour and materials cost for maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Assist in determining cost allocation for labour and parts and charge business units/projects accordingly
- Maintain and track parts inventory, shipments and returns
- Receive and respond to parts requisitions from technicians and field operations
- Request quotes from vendors, and analyze quotes to determine best value, quality and availability of parts and materials
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- 3+ years’ experience in a service or parts role, coupled with experience in heavy off-road equipment and automotive parts & service
- Knowledgeable of computer applications and industry specific software such as B2W Maintain
- Basic accounting skills, including the ability to generate and manage to a budget/estimate
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Valid and clean BC Driver’s License
NorLand Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.