Joining NorLand Limited means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day! Rolling up your sleeves, getting the job done, and working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, you will go home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped build.
Pacific Industrial Movers LP (dba) Apex Specialized Rigging and Moving and Pro-Tech Industrial Movers, part of NorLand Limited, has an exciting opportunity to join our team in Delta, British Columbia. Our businesses have built a solid reputation finding creative solutions that solve customers’ problems. We specialize in specialized rigging, heavy transport of major components and customized solutions.
The Transport and Rigging Engineer will initially be responsible to support our estimating and operations staff with transport and rigging drawings keeping safety at the forefront. Ideally, through development and training, this successful candidate becomes our Industry champion related to specialized transportation and rigging in Western Canada.
An individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to challenge the status quo is ideally suited for this role.
- Produce CAD drawings for estimating and operations departments.
- Develop transportation and/or rigging plans for respective clients/projects.
- Be primary point of contact for external consultants and customer’s engineers
- Develop creative solutions for customer’s projects
- Take the lead on permit requests and approvals.
- Conduct preliminary engineering analysis to assist estimators in custom fabrication requirements.
- Participate in quote reviews to assure accuracy and completeness
- Communicate effectively to ensure that our proposals meet customer expectations. Strive to identify strategies that give our businesses an advantage on every project.
- Participate in estimating and operational meetings as required.
- Attend regular industry events
- Prepare safe work plans for field work
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written • EIT, C-Tech, A.Sc Tech, P-Eng or relevant industry experience
- Previous construction related experience
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude. Be able to effectively manage both internal and external customer issues and inquiries.
- Willingness to learn on the job, and think outside the box to solve problems
- Ability to foster good work relationships (internal and external)
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Well-developed computer and communication skills; strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and AutoCAD skills are very important
- Valid Driver’s License
If you have a great attitude, comfortable in a team environment and an exceptional aptitude to learn, I encourage you to apply. This is a developing role that will lead to becoming an industry expert, for Pacific Industrial Movers LP, in Western Canada.
If you feel you are interested in this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com, quoting “Transport and Rigging Engineer” in the subject line.
Pacific Industrial Movers and NorLand Limited are committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our recruitment and hiring strategies