Pacific Blasting & Demolition Ltd. Win 2015 VRCA Gold Award of Excellence
Pacific Blasting & Demolition Ltd. is proud to announce that it has won a Vancouver Regional Construction Association (VRCA) 2015 Gold Award of Excellence for its involvement in the Sears Redevelopment Project at Pacific Centre Mall. Each year, the VRCA recognizes the best companies, individuals and projects in the construction industry. Pacific Blasting & Demolition Ltd. is proud to be recognized by the VRCA for its work and was happy to receive this prestigious award during the 27th Annual VRCA Awards of Excellence dinner held on Wednesday, October 21, 2015.
Some highlights of the project include:
- 18 million pounds of concrete removed and recycled
- 4.8 million pounds of metals removed and recycled
- 2.5 million pounds of drywall removed and recycled
- The precast panels were re-used as road way between the runways at the Fort Langley airport
- Up to 140 people assigned to the project including up to 50 new hires
The project was completed with over 160,000 accident free man hours and no incidents on a challenging project in the heart of Downtown Vancouver.
Congratulations to Dan Gaudette, Vince Alvernaz and the entire team at Pacific Blasting & Demolition Ltd.
Date Posted: October 23, 2015