NorLand Limited is diverse group of 16 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we have been doing for over 65 years.
Traxxon Rock Drills Ltd., part of NorLand Limited,specializes in providing equipment solutions for the Rock Drilling Industry which make economic sense and provides our customers with the opportunity to make larger profits. We design and manufacture our own brand of TR-EX Rock Drilling attachments in various sizes, as well as our own drifters. We are a full-service dealer for Sandvik Surface Drills and rock tool consumables, as well as have access to other Drilling Industry lines of products. We specialize in distributing new and used equipment, service & repairs, parts sales and custom design solutions for customers all over the world.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Heavy Duty ‘Field’ Mechanic, Red Seal Certified, at Traxxon Rock Drills Ltd. In this position you will responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of Hydraulic & some Pneumatic Drilling Equipment as well.
The key element for our successful candidate is to enjoy and thrive on performing the work and requirements of a Field Mechanic. Our successful candidate may go on a 2-hour Field Service Call, or a 2-week Field Service call.
We require a FIELD Mechanic who is reliable and available to go on the road locally, and out of town, on relatively short notice, sometimes requiring reasonable overtime, as needed to complete the repairs. When not on the road, the successful candidate will be working out of the Traxxon Rock Drills repair shop as needed. However, servicing Field Calls will be the priority for this position.
You will be accountable for:
- Field Service calls are the intended priority. The successful candidate MUST be ready and willing to travel for local and out of town field service calls on fairly short notice.
- Complete requirements for out-of-town travel as required, such as: Safety Orientations, Drug & Alcohol Testing, Covid Testing, etc.
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions.
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts components or systems according to scope of work to restore equipment to original manufacture specifications.
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports and parts lists
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Complying with safety policies and identifying/reporting any unsafe work habits
- Maintaining hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Commissioning and training Customers as required for new equipment from TRD
- Conduct yourself in professional manner at all times, consistent with Traxxon Rock Drill’s code of conduct, Shared Purpose and Values.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Red Seal Certified Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
- 3+ years of experience as a Heavy Duty Mechanic. Preferably with at least 1 year of field experience.
- Previous experience with Drilling Equipment is a big asset
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (at minimum) is required for possible travel on field calls and air travel. (The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Driver’s abstract will be requested.)
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
- Honest, reliable, punctual, positive attitude and ability to work well with others is a must
- Experience with hydraulic systems/equipment and excellent proficiency in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics is an asset
- Agility, muscular coordination, sufficient health & strength to permit the performance of heavy manual labour.
- Must have own hand tools
- Basic computer skills. Experience with an ERP system is an asset.
Traxxon Rock Drills LTD and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
This is a Union position with the IUOE 115 (International Union of Operating Engineers) and earns Union wages, extended Healthcare Benefits and Union-sponsored Pension Plan. Traxxon Rock Drills also voluntarily provides IUOE 115 approved additional hourly pay in the form of a “Discretionary Wage Premium”.
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to RECRUITMENT@Norlandlimited.com.