NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Contracts Manager reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations. In this position you will play a pivotal role in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with clients through effective contract management for our construction and industrial services projects, and ensuring all contracts conform to legislative requirements and align with our business strategy. The Contracts Manager will also bring a strong focus on customer satisfaction and collaboration across different functional areas within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing, implementing and ensuring compliance with contract management policies and procedures.
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating terms and conditions of construction contracts; tailoring contract terms and managing variations based on individual customer requirements, NorLand’s applicable scope of work, customer segments, client groups or industries.
- Reviewing bid packages and requests for proposal, assisting in the development of the commercial approach to the work for tender packages, and reviewing all documents and bid forms for accuracy.
- Managing the administration of customer contracts, including documentation, filing, and record-keeping.
- Identifying contractual risks and establishing risk mitigation plans in coordination with estimators, project managers, and business leaders, including maintaining and reporting on an overall risk register for our portfolio of projects.
- Working with outside legal counsel as needed to address legal concerns, mitigate risks, and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Establishing claim management procedures, and overseeing, and tracking claims.
- Providing support and tools to project teams to allow them to effectively manage the claims process.
- Addressing and resolving any disputes or issues that may arise during the execution of customer contracts.
- Monitoring and analyzing the performance of customer contracts.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and ensuring that the organization delivers on its contractual commitments.
- Ensuring that contracts align with the organization's goals while meeting the needs and expectations of customers.
- Proactively building and maintaining positive relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders including clients, partner firms, consultants, subcontractors, and other.
- A construction, engineering, business, finance, legal or related degree/diploma and 5+ years of experience in a similar role with a medium to large sized construction or engineering firm.
- Understanding of current construction and procurement laws and regulations, coupled with proven risk mitigation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, solid communication and influencing skills, and the ability to effectively build and manage relationships at all levels both with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, supported by extensive knowledge of building contracts including CCDC and CCA contracts, construction techniques and methodology.
- Experience with public and private infrastructure tendering and contracting processes is an asset.
Expected starting salary: $110,000.00 (dependent on candidate's overall background and experience)
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.