NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single project. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
Copcan Civil, part of NorLand Limited, is an award-winning civil construction company, operating from offices in Nanaimo, Victoria, Kelowna and Rossland. The company has been in business since 1970 and has successfully completed projects throughout Vancouver Island and the BC Interior, including highways and bridge construction, underground utilities, demolitions, marine infrastructure projects, private development, and various municipal works.
As part of our program of planned expansion, we are seeking a Project Manager/Estimator to join our team in Okanagan region. The Project Manager/Estimator is responsible for the preparation of costs estimates and tender package submissions to acquire new civil construction projects, Okanagan region and then will oversee and manage these projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage civil construction projects with the support of our management team
- Prepare accurate costs estimates and complete tender package submissions for new projects
- Manage project performance to meet schedule, budget, and contract specifications
- Complete site inspections and attend progress meetings
- Prepare/review quality control, OH&S, traffic management and environmental plans
- Manage resources, cost control, progress estimates, and contract change management
- Liaise with clients, consultants and sub-trades
- Provide support for our field teams as necessary
- 5+ years of experience in construction or engineering
- Familiarity with or experience in the civil construction industry is an asset
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to civil engineering or construction management is an asset
- Experience using estimating software is an asset
- Able to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Strong organizational and excellent communication skills, with the ability to multitask
- Flexibility to work extended hours when required
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs, most notably Word, Excel & Project.
- Valid BC driver’s license
The typical hiring range for this position is $105,000 - $125,000 per year. The exact compensation may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, internal equity, and other criterion.
Copcan Civil is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.